What We Do
Coming to this website is a big step. It took a lot of courage to get here.
You’re probably feeling conflicted: you love your partner, and you don’t want your relationship to end or see your partner wind up in prison. You might also be afraid that you can’t make it on your own. You are probably worried about money, or how you will be able to protect and care for your children. Your abuser has probably threatened and scared you into feeling that there is nothing you can do to escape. You may be feeling isolated, ashamed, or that it might not be that big of a deal. Your abuser might even have convinced you that you deserve to be injured, raped, or controlled. You are probably afraid that your abuser will hurt and punish you for even considering leaving, and you are likely afraid that if you leave, your abuser will find you, hurt you, or even kill you.
We know how hard this is for you, and we are here to help. If you are in a dangerous situation, and you need to leave an abusive marriage or partnership but you don’t know how to get away, we can assist. Please call us. You do not have to give your name if you don’t want to, but if you do, all information will be kept in strict confidence.
Call us at 619-356-8376 if:
• You don’t plan on leaving your abuser, but you are looking for some information on how to protect yourself.
• You are thinking of leaving, but you are not sure if you should.
• You are planning to leave, and you need help planning an exit strategy.
• You need immediate assistance. You’ve left and don’t have any place to go, or you are about to leave and you need someone to take you somewhere safe.
• You’ve already left, but you need help rebuilding your life. We can help you find low/no cost legal assistance, counseling services, long term placement, continuing education assistance, job training, and childcare assistance.
• You’re trying to rebuild your life, but you are still afraid for your safety, or your partner has threatened you or violated a Stay-Away-Order or Restraining-Order.
Safety Is Our Top Priority
Your safety, and the safety of your children, is our top priority. We will assist you in getting established in a temporary safe house, and we will also work to help you get long-term housing. We know that the fear and uncertainty of where you will live if you leave your abuser can feel daunting, but don’t let this fear keep you and your children in a dangerous situation.
All communication is confidential. Everything you tell us stays between us. And that means that unless you give us permission, we won’t be sharing your location with your family, your boss, the courts, INS, CPS, or any other group you feel shouldn’t know your whereabouts. And we definitely won’t be giving out any information to your abuser or anyone who could or would help your abuser find you.